The Background

Monday, January 10, 2011

Katie's Week 1 Review

This was a great week for me. I am down 7.2 pounds! Although, I must say I was a little bit more paranoid and unsure of myself than I would have preferred. I think it was simply trying to get in the swing of things and remember to count every last point that threw me and made me question everything I was doing. I just wanted to be perfect and all things considered, I think it worked. Monday and Tuesday were difficult but by Wednesday, I had hit my stride. Daley came into town on Friday night, which thrilled me and she went to the birthday party on Saturday night we had been planning for. We saved all our weekly points for that night, and I used EVERY last one of them. I was a little confused because we kept a tally sheet of our drinks to be calculated later that night when we got back home. Well, the day started over while were at the piano bar, so I had to go back and split up the points over the two days. Once I figured it out though, it was way easier than taking out my tracker for every beer I ordered. MGD 64 calculated 2 pointsplus each but, once you get over two beers, it calculated them around three pointsplus for every other one. If I had done them one at a time, my count would have been 6 points off for the night! Something I wasn’t prepared for, but I guess since I was in my weekly allowance anyway, I was still good. I am defiantly a fan of the tally marks and will use that again for sure. No one even realized what we were doing so that was good too.
Jay had a really rough week though… He stuck to the points well enough but come to find out, I calculated him as a female appearantly, so he was only eating about 39 points a day when he is allowed 50! So, needless to say I’m praying for a great week for him this week. He needs the boost because he’s been so supportive of me and I just feel terrible. He’s getting a kick out of telling everyone I’m “starving him” though… I don’t really find that so funny, but I lost this week and he was exactly the same as last week, so I’m gonna give him a pass for the time being… Here’s to week two! My goal is 2 pounds this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment