The Background

Friday, January 7, 2011

Daley's Reality Sets In...

Katie's reality is very similar to my own. I have gained close to 80 pounds in the last 8 years of my life and I'm finally ready to lose them for good. I definitely want to lose weight to be healthier, but the funny thing is, there isn't a single thing wrong with me medically, EXCEPT, for the fact that I am overweight, way overweight. So I literally have no excuse to make excuses.

My reality check wasn't a wakeup call sent to me via the words of a doctor but yet the fact that I start nursing school in 10 days! What kind of example would I be setting for my patients? I mean, really? You would want some fat nurse telling you to eat your veggies or that you need to shed a few pounds? I think not.

So my plan of action is simple, I will be doing the new Weight Watchers PointsPlus program along with my Nike+GPS iPhone app. to keep me moving (I will blog a little more about this app. later, I LOVE IT).  I will also be using my Wii Fit (and hopefully one day a Kinect) for fun, versatile workouts on the days I just can't bring myself to want to walk another loop around Lakeview Circle.

I am so excited to embarking on this exciting new lifestyle change with my best friend Katie. There is something about being brutally honest with your best friend (and her being just as brutal back) when it comes to weight but Katie can do this in such an encouraging, positive, and absolute understanding way. I know even though technically we are competing, she will still be there to pick me up on days I fall and be my biggest fan when I am doing well. She is truly the best friend a girl could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment