The Background

Friday, January 7, 2011

Katie's Grilled Cheese Recipe

YAY!
I got comfortable enough to make something at home that I had no idea how it was going to go and it actually worked! I made a grilled cheese ;) Well, I often make grilled cheese, however that included about 4 tablespoons of real butter, loads of cheeses, white bread and a whopping 23 pointsplus when complete! This one, I used wheat bread that calculated to 1 pointsplus per slice. I am trying to find bread that is one pointsplus for 2 slices, but have been unsuccessful so far. Then I used one wedge of laughing cow cheese (which was almost indulgent tasting) and 1/3 cup weight watchers shredded cheese. Also, I grilled the bread alone in the pan with a little spray of Olive Oil Pam (free) and allowed it to form a “crust” before adding 1 tablespoon (1pointsplus) of Smart Balance Light spread on the outside of the sandwich for that buttery taste. Then, put the shredded cheese on the other half that I had done the same thing with and BINGO!

It was great for a total of 6 pointsplus. This really did hit the spot… Added a pickle and a cup of weight watchers Progresso light soup and BAM! 8 point dinner that was just great and very reminiscent of the way higher fat version I would typically have inhaled.

No comments:

Post a Comment